Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Home with a Coastal Flair

Every once in a while, you come across a home so lovely, that you wish it was yours :-) I have always had a weakness for homes with a nautical flair. Spaces that are simply beautiful and evoke feelings of happiness and warmth.
I am featuring a fellow blogger, Michelle's home in Webb City, Missouri. Michelle grew up in the small coastal town of Swansboro, NC. Her roots are evident in every corner of her stunning home. I asked Michelle to describe her sense of style and this is what she had to say, "I'm greatly influenced by color, pattern with an easy breezy, coastal vibe, and a nod to the past. By day, I'm a visual merchandiser/stylist, by night, a mother, wife, creator, artist, photographer, and ice cream eater. I love buying secondhand and giving furniture and accessories a new life."

I had a tough time picking only a few images to showcase her home, as they are all so beautiful. Feast your eyes and be prepared to be mesmerised.................

Michelle is an extremely creative person. She is also very artistic. Do visit her blog Sweet Something Design and you will know why!!! Michelle's DIY projects are simply fabulous. See what she did with this lamp below! Visit her tutorial here to watch her weave her magic.

Love the red, white and aqua tones of this lovely centerpiece. I can almost hear the sounds of the waves crashing........

Hope you enjoyed visiting Michelle's home, as much as I have. These gorgeous images have really brightened my day. Thank you so much Michelle, for sharing your home with us!

Pictures courtesy : Michelle Lumley Edwards

8 comments:

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Anu, thank you! I'm so honored!! What wonderful sweet words! Thank you so much!
Michelle

Domestic Goddess said...

This is indeed a beautiful post. It clearly shows the beauty in simplicity. Personal touch given to each corner of the house added that x factor to the whole thing. Thanks for sharing.

Sudha said...

pretty pretty!!!!!

mermaid gallery said...

lots of white and bright, snappy colour....fabulous!

tehlia said...

Happy Fabulous Nest friday

That is definitely a home I want to be live in. Beautiful Pictures.

www.rawadventuresarmywife.blogspot.com

My Dream Canvas said...

Thank you so much everyone. I am sure Michelle will be thrilled with your comments. Its certainly a lovely home :-)

Anonymous said...

Michelle is a beautiful soul and a very talented lady !!! We love her and are very proud of her accomplishments !


Potterymom

sujishekar said...

A delight to live in ! Love any style that echoes the beach ! Thank you

Post a Comment

I am delighted you are here and I would love to hear your comments. Thank you and have a lovely day.