Monday, May 24, 2010

A magical home in Kuala Lumpur

Its the start of a week, and I am happy to present another fabulous home as part of My Dream Canvas "Home Tours". Madhu Ali's home in Kuala Lumpur is a delight, a labor of love and a breath of fresh air. See for yourself, and be prepared to be swept away...

Madhu is an accountant by profession, and lives in this lovely home with her husband and two boys. Madhu's love and passion in life is baking, and she runs a home based baking business called Miel Bakes. She is an immensely talented lady and I am grateful to Madhu for sharing her home wih us today.

I asked Madhu to describe her style and this is what she had to say.
"My personal style has to do with comfort and whatever that brings a smile to my face from white painted furniture, a few chipped old chairs, Ikea finds, right up to my boys' paintings and love notes framed up on the wall. Looking around I would say it borders on fresh modern country living and shabby chic with a little clutter of course! :-)"


A delightful corner...I could spend hours here reading a book!


Love the window seat. Don't you ?


Her pretty kitchen where she weaves her magic.


Back from shopping with her cute grocery bags. Delightful aren't they??


Hope you enjoyed a peek into Madhu's life and her lovely home. I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Thanks Madhu !!

Pictures courtesy : Madhu Ali

16 comments:

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Nice home Anu...and lovely blog as usual :-)

Sanghamitra.

Unknown said...

oh thats a lovely house!

thanks for sharing
kanika

Unknown said...

Lovely house tour Anu, the house is refreshingly appealing.

Shilpa said...

Lovely home and very pretty whites :)

Sujatha said...

Lovely breezy home; Love the baskets. Baskets are one my great weaknesses.... These are simply delectable!Great home tour!Tks, Anu!

Kamini said...

Its a lovely fresh serene home! Love the combo of fresh whites, dark woods and floral greens. So refreshing! Nice post Anu!

Praba Ram said...

Wow, beautiful modern country meets shabby chic. Very refreshing indeed. Enjoyed! Thanks, Anu.

madhu said...

Thanks Anu! Thanks all for lovely comments :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh what a lovely home.... the seating looks soooo comfy... bet her guests dont want to leave... Also love the window seat... and all the rooms simply come together with so much of love... wow!

My Dream Canvas said...

Thank you so much everyone. I m really glad that you all have enjoyed Madhu's home tour!!

Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne said...

I really enjoyed the pictures, stunning.

Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne said...

also thank you so much for mentioning me on your blog roll. Has been frantic with the move, looking forward to catching up more once it is all over with. Have a great week.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I really enjoyed that tour! Thanks! Love the shopping baskets! ♥

Unknown said...

Nice pics. So why are there none of the lady? I have been to Malaysia a few times and stayed at hotels in Kuala Lumpur and some of them were serviced so delightfully where the staff went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable.

cheavy said...

this is the magical home and this is awesome for all people to be like this.
thanks
digital art

Unknown said...

OMG ...I am in Heaven. Thank you for the pics

Post a Comment

I am delighted you are here and I would love to hear your comments. Thank you and have a lovely day.