Monday, August 16, 2010

Une Belle Maison ( A beautiful home)

I am mesmerised or maybe dreaming or have simply fallen in love:-) Tracey's delightful home in Illinois is like walking into a fairy tale. In hues of white and grey, with a splash of color here and there.The result is sublime!! A soothing palette, whimsical touches.......and there is magic in the air.

Tracey's blog.....the fabulous French Larkspur is a daily read for me. Her sense of design and decor is both unique and inspirational. I asked Tracey to write a few lines about herself, her blog and her style.

In Tracey's words " I am a stay-at-home mother of 3 young children. I started my blog and my shop a little over a year ago as a creative outlet for my passion for decorating and a means to have a little space I could call all my own. Along the way, I have also found a true love for photography. I incorporate into my decorating a style that is decidedly French, but with all of the warmth and casualness of cottage style. I love white and pale grey and use them as the basis for how I decorate. From there, I mix in pops of color and lots of vintage for a look that is all my own."

The first thing that struck me when I read this was that she has three young children. With a house this gorgeous... and raising three kids, she certainly has set the bar very high :-)


Enjoy the warmth, love and beauty of Tracey's stunning home....
















Thank you Tracey for sharing your lovely home on My Dream Canvas.


Image via : French Larkspur

7 comments:

Irene b said...

i love her home and her taste... really i think is one of the most realxing place i've never seen! THANKS FOR SHARING

Federica said...

Dear anu, thank you so much for visiting my blog and for the lovely words! I am too late for the giveaway (busy period) but not too late to tell you I really think your blog is so pretty and full of inspiring ideas and images!
Hugs

federica

Laura said...

This really is a dream home. I love her sense of style and I too can not believe that she can do all this with small children. I guess that's something to aspire to in itself. Lx

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Stunning!Just found your blog...
Stunning also!

xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

GB said...

I like that mantle!! those candlesticks are awesome. :)

Unknown said...

The whole house is nice but I absolutely adore the bedroom and the all white dining table.How does she ever manage to keep her home like that with young kids..It's marvellous.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh my! It looks like a magazine! Just gorgeous! I am in love with the chair in her bedroom! I hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

Post a Comment

I am delighted you are here and I would love to hear your comments. Thank you and have a lovely day.