Monday, January 17, 2011

My Haven:-) ( a home tour like none other)

What is the one place that is your true haven? The place you feel safe, secure, spoilt and pampered. For me, its my parents home:-) Growing up as an army brat, my homes ranged from rambling mansions to tiny one room apartments. Each place so different, and yet so similar. It always had mommy's touch:-) Today, they are retired and settled in an apartment in the suburbs of Delhi. My mom is a huge fan of beige, brown and cream. Not sure if she really knows that:-) Yet, its definitely her trademark and the predominant color palette at home. She likes her home to be clutter free, with clean lines. She is not a shopaholic like me:-) Most of the knick-knacks around the home are family heirlooms. I have to say, that recently she got a bit bold and has painted two of her bedrooms - a lovely terracotta and a gorgeous sea green. Unfortunately, I do not have those pictures to share today.

These are a few images from my parents home. I took them while I was in India recently. A lot of the stuff was removed because of my destructive two year old:-) I love this home. Whenever I think of it, it gives me a warm feeling!!! I do hope you have enjoyed a visit to my haven:-)













14 comments:

Kamini said...

Anu, its a warm lovely home. I can only imagine how nice you must feel going back. And you say she loves beige, brown and cream? Uh.....have you looked around your home recently ;-) I see a lot of beige, brown and cream with lovely pinks and reds!

GB said...

I see where you get your decorating genius from!! :D

Lovely!That side table is totally drool-worthy!!

Anu, there's an award awaiting you at P&P.....welcome back to blogland!

xo,
G

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

now we know from where did you get all the aesthetics sense. beautiful house, a piece of heaven indeed.

Sudha said...

your def have a lot of her decor traits in you...:) ..i can imagine how it must have been growing up in a home done up with so much love and care...pl convey huge compliments to your mom :)

Sound Horn Please said...

Never thought beige could look so good! Now we know where the decorating genes come from :) Your mom has a truly warm and inviting home. I love how clean and classy it looks!

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Such a beautiful home full of many unique pieces ~ no wonder it leaves you feeling warm and fuzzy!

Rekha said...

Gorgeous home, decorating runs in the genes and it shows! :)

Sharon said...

Anu, you love the same colors too! :) Just look at your home again! :D

...and I see where you get your style from! Such a well-put together home, I especially love the warm wood colors!

Shanthi said...

East or West home is the best lovely house anu!!!! Must be a joy coming back to it.

Kamini said...

Oh how did I miss Mr Doggie there? Oh he's adorable....blends in beautifully with all that brown and cream!

My Dream Canvas said...

Thank you so much ladies. My mom will be really pleased with all the lovely comments.

Vibhuti said...

very very classy and elegant...every piece seems to be so beautifully picked and placed !

Benita said...

Anuradha, what an apt description. Thanks for posting one of our favourite homes!

Benita said...

Oh... what about one caption for someone lying on the fringe of the carpet? So handsome, so well-mannered!

Post a Comment

I am delighted you are here and I would love to hear your comments. Thank you and have a lovely day.