Wednesday, April 13, 2011

An Artists haven in Netherlands!

I am always excited when I have a home tour for my readers. I think you will be as mesmerised by this home as I am :-) The lady of the house is Ingrid Jansen and she lives in this lovely house in Dordrecht, Netherlands with her husband Henk and two children. Ingrid is a lady with an incredible amount of talent. She runs a small business called Wood and Wool Stool. Ingrid also works  part time in a hotel in Dordrecht, where she does flower arrangements and works in the market there.

Ingrid weaves magic using wool and wood to create products that are both unique and beautiful!  I asked Ingrid to tell us about her company which she started in 2008.


In Ingrid's words " A few years ago I designed my first recycled wooden stool with a crocheted cover for my home. After some requests, I decided to make custom made stools for other people and that is how it all started. Since then I've made a lot of stools and designed several other interior products. The products are all handmade and they all have something to do with (recycled) wood, wool, crochet and color."

Fascinating......don't you think?  Ingrid is an avid photographer and that is obvious when you see the lovely images of her home. Her home is charming and delightful with a dreamy feel to it! Welcome to  Ingrid's colorful world......... 








One of the many fabulous stools..........I want one too :-)


You must visit her Etsy store to see more of her creations. Ingrid is also a fellow blogger and you can visit her blog here. Thank you so much Ingrid for welcoming us into your home.

27 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful! love her distressed furniture and all the color in the house & those stools are to die for..lots of luck to her for all her future projects

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I LOVE the way she's mixed the granny square cushions in with her pretty modern decor. Really, REALLY love it!! That's such a hard look to pull off and she's done it to perfection.

Thank you SO much for sharing. I'm thoroughly inspired!

Sarahx

A Sunny Yellow Window said...

There is something very different in this home.. warm, personal, cosy spaces. Very interesting home tour!

Arabella said...

Wonderful designs - love them all!! I'm off to check out her blog & store. Hope you're having a great week.

Sapadu to random musings.😁 said...

Beautiful.

Emreen said...

Lovely crochet works... colorful too.. Love her work area...!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your lovely comment.
Like your blog a lot.
Now following :)

Hugs Maria

EG CameraGirl said...

It looks so perky and inviting!

Amtrips said...

amazingly bright and neat stuff.. like it like it like it..!

Amtrips

Sally @DrinkingFromMySaucer said...

Hello Anu! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I loved this home tour. The stool is great - love the look. Also, I am crazy about the shot w/ the orange flowers and all the orange accents -- very eye-catching! Have a blessed day! ~Sally

maría cecilia said...

Hola, so many wonderful inspiration here!!! but the best for me has been your home in flickr images, love it!!!
hugs from Chile

The Charm of Home said...

Beautiful photography! Love these.
Sherry

GB said...

Gorgeous home!

The Whimsical Wife said...

Oh i just love how the dutch decorate! They have a real knack! Thanks for dropping into the whimsical wife!

Rekha said...

Gorgeous! loved the way she has blended eclectic colors in the decor.

wood & wool stool said...

thanks again Anu for being my 'guest' :)
Ingrid

Purnima@a creative project said...

Beautiful home!The crocheted covers are so pretty.. love the colors on it as well!!!

High Street Cottage said...

Hello, Anu, what a wonderful blog you have! I love the photos, especially the one with the pretty Orange chairs sitting at the vintage writing desk!I'm following you now so I don't miss a thing, xxx tami

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I think I'm in love with that desk and those orange chairs! The table in the background is great too :)

Meera @ firstsense said...

Ingrid's products are DARLING! Love her home too, so cute!

Rachana Saurabh said...

Anu, I've passed on the Versatile blogger award your way.. Hope you'll accept it... and pass it on...

http://essenceofarts.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award-my-first-blog.html

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

Thanks for your comment..so its pleasure to visit yours..this is such a beautiful blog..love the awesome stuff here..i will like to follow..i hope you will also like to follow back
stay happy & healthy..
~ Love

Sherry Hicks said...

I too love how the granny square crochet is worked into the design, pictures are beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my place!
sherry

Heaven's Walk said...

Hi Anu! I adore her sweet home! And those pops of color make it look so happy and full of springtime! :) Thank you so much for stopping by my humble little blog and leaving your sweet comment! Hope you're having a blessed day!

xoxo laurie

Sound Horn Please said...

I LOVE all the colorful crochet pieces strewn about... I've been hunting for a crochet bedspread that won't cost me a bomb for ages now. Let me check if her store has some... Loved her unique vases too!

Unknown said...

What lovely photos!!! Thanks for sharing this. I'm off to visit her blog as well!!!! :-)

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I love those orange chairs. I think I have a love of colored chairs going on right now!

Post a Comment

I am delighted you are here and I would love to hear your comments. Thank you and have a lovely day.