Wednesday, January 4, 2012

An Elegant Oasis

I am delighted to begin the 2012 Home tours on MDC with a home close to my heart! It's my home away from home whenever I am back in India. It is truly a classy home filled with warmth and a lot of love especially for me :-) My parents live in a suburb of New Delhi, so whenever I am in the city, my aunt's house is where I spend most of my time.


My aunt is Niru Seth, and her home is a collector's abode! Every nook and cranny of the house has interesting curios and artifacts. Warm and rich tones come together elegantly to create her own unique style.  The artwork she has collected over the years is stunning. They include a fabulous collection of Tanjore paintings. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of them to share with you today. 

I consider her home to be a delightful blend of the old and the new. It is a modern home with a vintage charm. A thoughtful and elegant hostess, her home is a haven for me and others. It's a home where people constantly drop in. Despite the formality of her living space, it's a space where you always feel comfortable and relaxed. She happens to be one of the most generous people I  know, and her home reflects her outgoing personality.

I hope you enjoyed a peek into this lovely home. In my mind this home and its owners deserve all the happiness in the world :-) I wish I had more photographs to share with you..... but someday I promise to give you a tour of the entire house!

A big thank you to my aunt for sharing her home with my wonderful readers!









 

Images: Anuradha Varma

7 comments:

Purvi said...

Lovely pictures especially the trickling in of the sunlight :) :)

Shalini said...

So interesting to see Niru mausi's house here! I remember thinking "how elegant" when I fist visited.

Sudha said...

Elegance and warmth :).. you def have a lot of decor experts in the family :)

Shilpa said...

Stunning home, love the different seating zones she has created with all the elegant furniture.Thanx for sharing!!

Shanthi said...

Lovely home Anu! The sunlight so beautifully added the dramatic effect to those pastel toned sofas. The pictures on the wall are screaming for a close up photo shoot :-). All in all this is a great sneek peak and cant wait for more :-)

A room with a view said...

Very pretty room. I like the accent wall and the cane furniture as well as the large artwork above the cane seating.

Anonymous said...

does this qualify as a 'House tour' really?would have loved to see other parts of the house too...

Post a Comment

I am delighted you are here and I would love to hear your comments. Thank you and have a lovely day.