Sunday, March 24, 2013

My Backyard and Some Tea

Hello there and a Happy Monday to you! I had an incredible weekend as the sun was shining in all its glory. I know we at My Dream Canvas tend to get a wee bit obsessed about the weather. I have said this numerous times before.....living in the Pacific Northwest does that to you.

My backyard is in shambles because of the incessant rain but that did not stop me from heading outdoors. Do join me for tea in my backyard this Monday morning.......

Tea cups in a myriad hues, a delightful biscuit tin from England and a pitcher of flowers and I was all set :) I had such a hard time resisting the cute and colorful biscuit tins available in almost every shop in the UK! Biscuits of course are what we call "cookies" here in the States :) While the cookies there were tempting, the tins were even better! As for my pitcher, I found it at a local weekend market while driving thought the Cotswold's. The design was exquisite and so very English! It reminded me of a scene from a Jane Austen novel :) The pitcher has been made in Stoke-On-Trent which is famous for its potters.

I got a little carried away and took lots of pictures and here are a few of them. Here's wishing you a wonderful week ahead. I do hope you have enjoyed your cup of tea at My Dream Canvas :)

There is a week left to enter my birthday Giveaway. There is a $50 dollar gift card up for grabs to either Pottery Barn/ Pier 1 Imports or World Market!
















Images: My Dream Canvas and subject to copyright.


Joining the Weekly Story at Colours Dekor.
Joining Make It Pretty  Monday at The Dedicated House
Joining Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style.
 

10 comments:

Sweet Woodruff said...

My weekend was beautiful too but I feel guilty saying that when it seems everyone is buried in snow right now. I love that ikat patterned mug.

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

A Jane Austen novel or an Agatha Raisin. I've never been but I would love to see the Cotswolds.

Nayana said...

Love the new pitcher and your mugs Anu :)

Emreen said...

Love...the tea cups and the biscuit tin....

ornate splendor said...

Delightful! Always love a tea party outside! (One of my blog posts was about a Mother/Daughter Tea Party in my own back yard.) Catherine (new follower)

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a pretty tea you've set. I love your cups and the pretty flower filled pitcher. The biscuit tin is wonderful. Thank you so much for your visit. It is much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Lovely tea cups! I love how you've arranged them all.

My backyard is a snowy, wet mess right now. I'm wishing and hoping for spring to finally get here.

:)

Marissa

Wanda@No Place Like Home said...

What beautiful finds, the pitcher the tea cups and biscuit tin. I long to be outside. Soon......Have wonderful week! Blessings, Wanda

Unknown said...

Lovely tea cups and liked how the varied colours arranged in the pitcher...the arrangement is simply beautiful..definitely nothing like a nice day outdoors...and what better if its your own backyard.

Patricia Torres said...

The tea cups look lovely.. :) Hope all your weekends are bright and shiney... and filled with biscuits and tea..

Post a Comment

I am delighted you are here and I would love to hear your comments. Thank you and have a lovely day.