Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A Walk Down Memory Lane


I am in India, travelling around and thus my long absence from the blog. I do hope you have missed me as I sure have :) After landing in India, hubby and I drove off to Ajmer ( Rajasthan) for a reunion. It was my husband's 25 year school reunion. Mayo College is a boys boarding school founded in 1875 by Richard Bourke, 6th Earl of Mayo who was also the Viceroy of India from 1869 to 1872. The school is one of the oldest and most prestigious boarding schools of India. 

I have visited Mayo before, but spending three days here with hubby made it extra special :) It was funny to see grown men acting like a bunch of excited school boys. There were tales galore, nostalgia, emotions, jokes, laughter and endless walking around the campus. I watched in amusement as the "boys" rediscovered their school after 25 long years :)

 There was endless partying of course and we all returned happy and tired with fantastic memories. The  picture above is of the main building. The building is imposing and the setting is very grand and palatial. I took many pictures and I am going to share a few with you here. Over the next few days.....I shall share postcards of my vacation in India.

See you around :)



Images: My Dream Canvas

1 comment:

Aalayam Inspiration said...

Gorgeous sun-bathed images.. Still waiting for your detailed post on Turkey! Boy! you are quite the traveller!

~deepa

Post a Comment

I am delighted you are here and I would love to hear your comments. Thank you and have a lovely day.